P S Chester & Son is a locally owned Construction Business that was established in 1958 by Phillip Chester and his three sons, Robert, Ian and John. Four years later John continued to run the family business by himself until retiring in 2009.
In July 2009, five long term employees purchased the business from John and strive to continue with the traditions of a long established local family business.
P S Chester & Son is now owned by David and Gregory Chester (sons of John and Jill), Leanne Barndon, Neville Bunter and Peter Dymond. Together they oversee a team of 30 direct employees over three divisions within the company.
These divisions are;
- Residential and Commercial building
- Aluminium and Glazing
- Cabinetmaking and Joinery
Trade Training has always been a high priority at P S Chester & Son with 61 apprentices completing their Trade Certificates since 1993, previous to that a great many more over the company’s duration.
As the company has three divisions it can offer three different apprenticeships in the building industry and usually directly employs eight fulltime apprentices.
P S Chester & Son pride themselves on quality workmanship, delivering all projects within contract deadlines and of the highest standard.